Saturday, May 30, 2009

 

OOPS

Apparently, I forgot that (because of SPAMMERS) I had set my Blog to require my permission to post e-mails ...

Thus, I have a flood of new postings.

Not much new here.

Condo is still NOT selling.  Too many bogus bottom-fisher idiot purchasers.  Thought I sold it twice, but no luck.

Sun Dance season begins.  My fourth year dancing, which will complete the committment I made (although I'll have to dance a 'Thank You or "Wopila"' dance next year) ... still praying for the young men, although this year I will do an eagle dance for the first two days for my Mom.

Mom is continuing to decline.  Sylvia & I still take her out to eat a couple times a week.  Mostly to AppleBee's or Denny's, which are within a mile or two of the residence where she lives.  I also take her to Fuzzy's Pizza, Marble Slab creamery (ice cream), California Pizza Kitchen, Dimassi's Mediteranean food, Olive Garden, Chili's, and I've been meaning to try Red Lobster.

Mom talks mostly gibberish these days.  The words come out, but there is no coherent structure or meaning to the sentences and paragraph.  Maybe  a phrase makes sense; but her stories are mostly nonsense.

Mom's eating skills are degrading.  We cut up her food; we have to make sure she has the proper utensil.  Sometimes she forgets to use the utensil and trys to use her hands.  When she has a drink, she's apt to skip using the straw ...

Mostly Mom recognizes me ... but not as her son.  Usually as her father, sometimes as her husband. This is despite me continually calling her "Mom."

...

These days, I mostly write/post on Facebook.  If you want to keep up with me, please ask me to be your friend on Facebook.  I skip most of the applications and other crap on there (some people like the Scrabble game), but I like posting links to weird stories and reading what my friends are writing ...
 

MitakuyeOyasin,

Stuart


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?